Audrey Hepburn Inspired Halibut

Audrey Hepburn's son, Luca Dotti, recently published a book full of family pictures, drawings, and recipes titled 'Audrey At Home'. I'm obsessed with Audrey Hepburn and was excited when I realized that most of the recipes seemed doable, even though I'm generally not the best cook. I like recipes with very few instructions. In the book I found a recipe for sea bass that sounded delicious. I didn't have sea bass in my fridge, but I did have halibut so I decided to substitute. I changed a couple details when making the recipe myself and am excited to see that it turned out perfectly! It was hands down the best fish dish I have ever made. I thought I would share my variation of the recipe with all of you.

What you need:
Aluminum Foil
Halibut Fillets 
1 Shallot
Basil
Yukon Potatoes (1 for each fillet) 
Thyme
Parsley
Cherry Tomatoes 

1. Lay down a piece of aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice a potato and lay the pieces on the aluminum foil.
3. Put a fish fillet on top of the potato slices.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and scatter around fillet.
5. Cut the shallot and sprinkle the pieces over the fillet and potatoes (I used about 1/4 of a shallot for each fillet.
6. Chop up basil, parsley, and thyme and sprinkle them over the top.
7. Wrap up the fillet in the aluminum foil.
8. Repeat for however many fillets you're making.
9. Put the fillets in the oven for 25 minutes

& voila!

If you try it, be sure to let me know how it turns out!






Looking for a Tasteful Gift? The California Wine Club


1 comment

  1. That looks so yummy!
    bloggingismysecondname.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete